Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Relection 3 - Podcasting my way to Mastering of English

Podcasts: What a useful Tool I have founded here in United Sates of America.

Language Technology Workshop" was the very first class that I had here in United States. During this course, I knew a lot of new pieces of technology that can be useful in class. Working with the new technology made me think, that it would be such a good idea to learn in the future by myself using one of the new features that I knew. The most remarkable thing that I knew in "Language Technology Workshop" is called "Podcast". Podcasts are audio or video files that you can access very easily. You can find a wide variety of topics on podcasts. That is why I believe that Podcasts are the perfect way for me to learn more about English, and also keep me up-to-date in terms of language.


I choose a web page called "English Pod" (http://englishpod.com/lessons). In this website, you can find many podcasts about several topics.

The idea of this site is to create an account and be a memeber of the website. You have a certain number of lessons, and the purpose is going on studying the lessons that are shown there. You are free to bookmark any lesson that you want to study or be focus on. After studying a certain lesson you must mark it as "studied". That helps you to organize your lessons.






















This is the link where you can find, and look for any podcast that you want.

I am going to use this website twice a week, for a period of one hour, in order to improve my English. As the Podcasts are downloadable, it will be easier for me because I will be able to download it in my IPod.













*****After Posting this entry, I discovered something new about this Podcast website. I found that the web page sends you e-mails with the Podcast of the day every day!...That can be even more useful for me to learn and improve my English!*****

1 comment:

Gina Petrie/CALE/ESLG said...

Marian,
I think you have chosen a podcasting series and a plan wisely. I know that you will be successful in your continued learning of English.
Gina